Mount Olive Junior Marauders
MOJMFA Coaching Code of Ethics and Conduct
CODE OF ETHICS:
As a MOJMFA coach I understand that I must abide by the following behavioral standards to remainin good standing.
- Never knowingly permit an ineligible player to play on my team or withholding information fromanother coach or organization concerning potentially ineligible players on their team.
- Conduct myself and ensure that my assistant coaches, players, spectators and supporters conductthemselves in a manner that is consistent with good sportsmanship – before, during and after every game.
- Make every effort to improve my knowledge of coaching techniques so that I can teach the sportproperly to my players.
- Be knowledgeable of the league rules, regulations, and guidelines of the MOJMFA and MCYFL.
- Conduct a meeting or meetings to provide my team’s parents with my coaching philosophy andpractice/game approach.
- Treat all game and league officials with respect and communicate with them in an appropriate manner. Ensure that my players, spectators and supporters do the same.
- Ensure that all equipment used by my players is safe and conforms to the MOJMFA and MCYFLstandards. I shall not allow illegal equipment to be used.
- Never knowingly permit an injured player to play or return to the game without proper medical approval.
- Refrain from using alcoholic beverages or illegal substances while in direct supervision of my players.
- Respect school grounds and town parks as tobacco free zones.
- Never physically, verbally or mentally harm a child in my care.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
As a MOJMFA coach, I recognize that coaches are role models for their team members and all participants involved in the activity, and that sports help to develop a sense of teamwork, self worth and sportsmanship. As such, I agree to abide by the following:
- Place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire or externalpressure to win.
- Do my best to provide a safe playing environment for all participants.
- Lead by example by demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all involved.
- I will treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
- I will stress habits that promote good health.
- I will do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all my players.
- I will be knowledgeable in the rules of the sport and I will teach these rules to my players.
- I will use those coaching techniques appropriate for each of the skills that I teach for this sport, with consideration to playerís developmental ranges and abilities.
- I will be consistent, honest, fair and just.
- I will not criticize players publicly and I will be generous with praise when it is deserved.
- I will learn to be a more effective communicator and I will be a good listener.
- I will adjust to the personal needs and concerns of the players.
- I will give all players the opportunity to improve their skills, gain confidence, and develop self-esteem.
- I will maintain an open line of communication with the parents.
- I will explain and maintain the goals and objectives of the sport association.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for the children and not the adults.
- I will make myself familiar with and agree to abide by the rules and regulations of Mt Olive Township, Morris County Midget Football League and the Mount Olive Junior Marauder Football Association.
I understand my responsibilities as a volunteer coach. I understand that my volunteer services as coach may be terminated by the MOJMFA for any violation of the rules and regulations and for any conduct which violated the spirit of those rules, regulations and philosophy contained in the MOJMFA by-laws. I also understand that my volunteer services may be terminated at any time by the MOJMFA without cause and without notice.
I have read all of the material contained in this document, and I understand, and I am in agreement with all that I have read.